Eligibility: NTNU faculty and staff can apply for the library card with the ID card, students with a student card, alumni who are certificated with an NTNU diploma or the completion of Academy of Preparatory Programs for Overseas Chinese Students, retired staff, full-time project assistant, and other staff that is working in NTNU can apply for the library card at the Div. of Circulation & Collection Management circulation desk. The regulations are listed.
Your NTNU Card serves as your library card. Your library number is your University ID number.
Your NYNU Card serves as your library card. Your library number is your University ID number.
Please prepare the required documents for the circulation desk at the main library during opening hours.
1. Alumni (Alumni who obtained the certificate of diploma/ certificate of completion of Academy of Preparatory Programs for Overseas Chinese Students)
Please apply for an alumni card at the NTNU alumni center. With the valid alumni card, the cardholder can enter the library to browse and read..
If the cardholder would like to borrow, please present the required document to the circulation desk on the ground floor of the main library.
If one cannot apply for the membership in person, please fill out the letter of authorization to transact on one’s behalf. (Download the letter of authorization)
Alumni with outdated blue alumni card please proceed to the center of public affairs to apply for a new one in red.
2. Retired staff: Original copy of the retirement certificate, one one-inch headshot, deposit fee NT$2,000, and the physical card issuance fee NT$200.
3. Adjunct professor, visiting professor, visiting scholar, teachers of NTNU mandarin training center, teachers of NTNU extension, school of continuing education: Original copy of certificate of appointment, guarantee letter for library card application (download), National identification card, one one-inch headshot, deposit fee NT$2,000 (deposit can be exempted with the staff ID card issued by personnel office), and the physical card issuance fee NT$200.
4. Students of the NTNU Mandarin Training Center and other centers: library card application form (download), original copy of the student card, deposit NT$2,000, material usage fee NT$300 every three months for the mandarin training center students. The library card barcode will be stick on the back of the Mandarin Training Center student card. Library rules for the Mandarin Training Center students.
5. Students taking credit course at NTNU extension, school of continuing education (over a year study period): original copy of the student card, one one-inch headshot, deposit NT$2,000, material usage fee NT$300 for every three months, and the physical card issuance fee NT$200.
7. Students on leave: Please present your NTNU ID card and the verification of your leave to the main library circulation desk for apply. NT$2,000 is required for the deposit. The maximum loan is 15 items for 30 days loan period. With additional NT$500 per semester or NT$1,000 for the academic year for the material usage, the loan limit can be increased to 30 items for 60 days.
Hours for library card application:
Please bring the library card to the main library to process the termination of library membership at the circulation desk during office hours. Except for the patron whose expiration date is less than a year, the library card can only be withdrawn after using at least one year. The patron who has a deposit can get the NT$2,000 refund without interest. If the work contract is renewed, please present the document to the circulation desk at the main library to extend the expiration date.
Hours for library card withdrawal
Closed on national holidays, hours during summer and winter vacation will be announced)
If the library card is lost, please report to the library promptly to safeguard the rights and interests of the patron. To apply for a new library card, please present the original copy of the national ID card and one one-inch headshot to the cashier at the main library during opening hours for library card application. The physical card issuance fee is NT$200.