Implemented with the President's approval on February 24, 1990
Implemented with the President's approval on October 30, 1997
Implemented with the President's approval on December 21, 2000
Implemented with the President's approval on December 12, 2002
Implemented with the President's approval on June 23, 2009
Passed in the Library Affairs Meeting on February 23, 2012
Amendment passed in the Library Affairs Meeting on April 22, 2013
Amendment passed in the Library Affairs Meeting on May 27, 2014
Amendment passed in the Library Affairs Meeting on August 20, 2018
Amendment passed in the Library Affairs Meeting on October 25, 2018
- National Taiwan Normal University Library (hereafter “the Library”) has established these guidelines to facilitate visitors accessing library books and materials for educational or research purposes.
- To access the Library, community members must be over the age of 18 or have a college-level education. Community members must present a valid photo(*) ID (national ID card, NHI card, driver’s license, student ID, faculty ID, passport, or ARC card) at the front desk for a visitor card, and exchange the card for their ID once they leave. First-time visitors need to fill out their basic information for future reference. Those who do not have an ID may be refused entrance. Those written up twice in a year for returning the visitor card late will be banned from the Library for 6 months. Damaging or losing the visitor card will incur a processing fee of NT$200.
- The number of visitors given access to the Library is limited to 60 people at once on weekdays, and 50 people during the announced midterm and final exam periods. Personal books and bags are not allowed in the Library and should be stored in a locker. After the daily limit has been met, new visitors must wait for someone else to leave before they can access the Library. The limit does not apply to groups that have been granted written permission by the Library in advance.
- Groups should provide official letters from their institution or school and visit the Library at the appointed time.
- Visitors are welcome to peruse and use the Library’s collection but may not borrow them.
- Visitors to the Library must follow the rules of the Library, or the Library may deny them entrance.
- Different branches may flexibly adjust these rules based on their services and management needs.
- These Guidelines are implemented following approval from a Library Affairs Meeting and the Library Committee. The same applies to all subsequent amendments.
Note: The ID provided should have identifiable information and photo. If not, the Library may ask for a different ID.